Lake History Adventures
Discover Lake Champlain’s history, archaeology and ecology. Fourteen buildings for exhibits and workshops; replica 1776 gunboat and 1862 schooner. The lake’s 300+ shipwrecks inspire our exhibits, films, and hands-on programs. Air-conditioned auditorium, Museum Store, Restaurant.
- Pre-packaged/Custom Tours. Japanese, French, ASL available.
- Shipwrecks and Archaeology: Learn about historic shipwrecks; meet conservators preserving rescued artifacts. Optional: boat tour to shipwreck site.
- Revolutionary War: A tiny fleet on Lake Champlain faced the British Navy and changed the course of history. Step aboard Philadelphia II. Learn about LCMM’s struggle to preserve the last gunboat.
- Lake Ecology: Gain new perspective on historic waterways, lands and people, from Native American times to the present. The lake’s future is shaped by our use and stewardship.
- Team Building: LCMM’s swift, colorful rowing gigs provide a unique platform for adventure. Great for teens, seniors, Corporate Teambuilding.
- Schooner Lois McClure: Tours available while in port.
Dates of Operation:
Open seasonally May – October, check website for schedule.
Group Policy and Rates:
By reservation. Allow 2 hours. Group rates: Minimum 15 people: Adults $10.00 (min $150.00); Youth $6.00 (min $90.00). Guided or self-guided tours. Complimentary escort and driver, free parking. Accessibility info at www.lcmm.org
Special programs including Shipwreck On-Water ROV Tours, Lake Ecology and Museum/Lunch/Cruise Discount package must reserved two weeks in advance. Pricing on request.